ACP 12 Photo Book Fair Walkthrough from Atlanta Celebrates Photography on Vimeo.
- There are still many ACP events going on this week, including receptions tonight at Whitespace, Hagedorn, and the Photobook Fair at Piedmont Park on Saturday.
- Not paying for retouching? PDN has a good article about the current state of editorial retouching.
- Sam Gellman, an American working in Hong Kong, took a tourism trip to North Korea and his Flickr page has blown up with interest in what he photographed.
Porsche 365 from Craig Cutler on Vimeo.
– APE has a interesting Q&A with Craig Culter over his CC52 project, which had him complete one shoot a week for a year. We like the one where he covered his Porsche with duct tape.
- Rock n’ roll photographer Barry Feinstein died on Thursday in Woodstock, NY. He photographed everyone from Bob Dylan, The Beatles and Janis Joplin to Steve McQueen and Marlon Brando. The NYT has his obituary.
- Canon announced the EOS 1-D X, a full-frame, HD video SLR which won’t be available until next year. Galbraith goes over all the bell and whistles at his site.
- Larry Fink has a new book called “The Vanities”, a collection of his Hollywood party images for Vanity Fair.
- Errol Morris talks to TIME’s Lightbox about his new book, “Believing is Seeing”.
- And all cameras in the city will be pointed at the Little Five Points Halloween Parade this weekend. The fun starts at 4pm on Saturday. Tip: Take Marta, you will not be able to find parking.